Gnucash Foundation [was: Re: Nothing works on Red Hat ]

v.i.t@gmx.de v.i.t@gmx.de
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:31:54 +0100 (MET)

my suggestions -

1. start with a PayPal account registered in the name of one of the
project's leaders
2. most of the donations will quite probably come along with feature
requests,
therefore the system will be self-regulating : features will get
implemented, the big bucks (if any) will get spent on the implementation of
the
features.
3. donations from wishless-happy users will be spent according to the
results of
voting among those users.
4. let's look at other SF.net projects which have a PayPal Jar and multiple
developers / lots of users. Maybe eMule ? I have to look at this... How do
they
solve "who should be credited for what" question.

generally I think it's a great idea to let anybody contribute. I for one, am
a programmer, but I'd rather play with my little daughter in my free time
(if any),
than stay all evenings behind a computer screen (which I normally wouldn't
mind at all) :-)

best regards,
vitaliy rybalka