pbm with gnucash in french on debian

Alain Duperray Alain.Duperray@ujf-grenoble.fr
Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:06:04 +0100

I have addressed this question in november, concerning this bug which=20
occurs with version 1.6.7 and 1.6.8 in french. The solution I found is=20
quite simple; here is my post :
---------------------------
Hi,
I finally found the solution for the problem I posted yesterday (Problem wi=
th
Gnucash's druid in French (Mdk 9.0)).
I am using gnucash 1.6.8 with Mandrake 9.0, but I had a similar problem with
version 1.6.7. In   /usr/share/gnucash/accounts/fr_FR , two files have
problems, which were found by Konqueror when I tried to read them. File
acctchrt_common.gnucash-xea has a tag mismatch on line 86, col 14
</gnc:account>
              ^
and acctchrt_spouseretire.gnucash-xea has a tag mismatch on line 82, col 14
</gnc:account>
              ^

Using Quanta to edit these files, I found that there was a / missing on line
84 col 38 in </act:description> for the first file and a < missing on line =
80
col 36 in </act:description> for the second file.
Having corrected these two files, the druid works correctly now.

Hope this can help others Gnucash users

Alain Duperray
Directeur de Recherche INSERM
Laboratoire de Migration Cellulaire et Infiltration Tumorale EA 2942
Institut Albert Bonniot=09
Facult=E9 de M=E9decine
38706, La Tronche Cedex
  France