Version 1.6.6

Karl F. Larsen k5di@zianet.com
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:04:24 -0700 (MST)

	I have this version working in Red Hat 8.0 but it's been a
fight. The built in part that makes a directory and such is not working.
It is a HUGE and major bug. It makes using this version almost not worth
the trouble.

	But I discovered if you put the backup files from a another
version on the new Linux and tell gnucash to load it, it will and it
will work from that point on.

	The point is that even with double entry book keeping and such
it works good with my small allowance account. I don't think I'm using
the double entry part properly, but I don't care. I just use this
account for my personal things like a new car and my own bank account
and Vias credit card.

	So far it seems to be working well except for the little
calender that you can click and it comes up and helps you get the date
set properly. This works right once or twice and then fails. I'm sure
the developers are aware of this bug. You can set the date with your
keyboard still.

	And the repetative things are great. I entered a monthly credit
card statement with many Wal-Mart charges. After getting the thing set
to transfer each Wal Mart charge to my liability account, it ran
smoothly. I also learned that on new charges I selected the transfer to
choice before entering the cost.

	I can say I'm now transfered to version 1.6.6 with lots of bugs
but it works.