Rapid version changes

plussier@mindspring.com plussier@mindspring.com
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 10:33:44 -0500

In a message dated: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 18:02:57 MST
Bob Holtzman said:

>On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> I think the designers of gnucash should check with all the Linux suppliers
>> and get a library list from them. Then if Red Hat doesn't have a library
>> you need, you provide it with the system in the rpm file. Same with Debian.
>
>My impression is that the various distributors are responsible for the
>packages (rpm, deb, etc.) not the developers. The developers'
>responsibility is for the source code only. Someone please correct me if
>I'm wrong.

Nope, that's right.  If RH, Debian, SuSE, etc. can't figure out the
dependancies and it breaks a package install, it's their problem, not
that of the developers who have clearly listed all the dependancies
in their documentation and source code.

Btw, I've been using GnuCash since the Xacc days and love it more and
more with each release.  Thanks for such a great job everyone!
(as I eagerly await 1.8.0 :)
--

Seeya,
Paul