Good By

Karl F. Larsen k5di@zianet.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 14:19:23 -0700 (MST)

	After this message I'm stopping this list. When I signed up I
thought someone could help me with my problem of getting version 1.6.6
working on Red Hat version 8.0 but it didn't happen. I got it working by
tricking gnucash and it's up and running so far as I can tell properly.

	Yesterday with help I verified that EVERY listed Dependancie
from the list supplied in README for 1.6.6 (It's the same for 1.4.12)
and MY gnucash does not work properly.

	I have been told by those working on this software that they
don't care if it doesn't load on all Linux. They want to do the fun part
and "improve" the product.

	They never knew or forgot that Quicken is the best selling
software in the World! It got that way by providing a simple family
finance device that even my wife can run and use.

	I own and run a business with 275 employees which next year I
will give to my son. I will not mention gnucash to anyone in the office
and I expect they will never hear of it in their lifetimes.