Bugzilla, was Re: Setting up Gnucash for the first time

ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca ghaverla@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:42:11 -0700 (MST)

> This is valuable information, because obviously a developer would not
> stumble over this file dialogue that he has been using for years.
>
> Maybe it would be a good idea, if you could report this as a bug or a
> feature request on bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gnome.org).

[ Most of the time I just lurk here, I have an ancient Gnucash
  which I keep meaning to get back to. ]

Personally, I've been referred to bugzilla a couple of times.
And visited there once or twice, in the hopes of trying to
figure out some bug I've run across.  And everytime I've
visited bugzilla, I've come away "Never again will I have
anything to do with this site!".  I don't know what it
is, but I find that site completely useless.  Obviously
other people don't.  However, if someone here (or elsewhere)
suggested that I submit something to bugzilla, I would
just silently ignore the request and try to find another
way around the problem.

Perhaps, Gnucash (as a volunteer group) should at least
monitor things; to see if people do in fact submit reports,
and if not, why?  It is a good suggestion, but it is entirely
possible that other people find bugzilla as opaque and obtuse
as I do, and hence will never file anything.

Gord
--
Matter Realisations     http://www.materialisations.com/
Gordon Haverland, B.Sc. M.Eng. President