Gnucash help

Robin Smith robin@therobin.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:49:31 -0600

Wow! What a response.

Well, after reading your e-mails:  I owe you all an apology.  I APOLOGIZE.

I won't ask to be removed from the mailing list if you'll still have me.
  I got the New Mexico e-mail at a time of great frustration.  And
obviously you all were frustrated when you received my message.  I'm an
army of one in terms of getting office work done and sometimes it gets
lonesome.  You're right, any good work can be taken for granted, be it
volunteer or paid.  When it's volunteer it's truly offensive when you
feel someone doesn't appreciate the hard work you've put in.  I do
appreciate you and have reaped the benefits of your hard work:

Since I've been using Linux I have not had a crash, which is the reason
I changed in the first place.  So I need to remember that, which more
than makes up for my frustration of not understanding how to navigate a
new system.

The biggest problem I've had with Gnucash is that when I do something
inappropriate it doesn't warn me that I'm about to delete what I've just
put in - Quicken does do that.  The tutorial Gnucash hasn't helped me a
lot.  However, now I know how to exit properly and I don't have that
problem any longer.  So hard lessons learned are lessons remembered, right?

We all do the best we can.  And I will continue to do the best I can.  I
appreciate all of you and am truly sorry that I offended any of you,
because I DO appreciate you.

Take care, I'll stay tuned and ask my questions.

Best regards,
Robin

--
Robin @ Robin's Nest, Bed & Breakfast Inn