Have any users tried to build 1.7.5 on a MacOSX 10.2 system?

Christian Stimming stimming@tuhh.de
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:02:18 +0100

Matthew Vanecek wrote:

>>Following my usual unix software user approach, I have tried  running
>>these commands: make, automake, and ./configure, I would have tried
>>./autogen.sh which was mentioned in doc/README.build-system but I do
>>not 'find' that script among the source files.
>
> Looks like you're using automake/aclocal 1.6, and the aclocal.m4 was
> probably created with automake/aclocal 1.4.x.  In the root source
> directory, you can run "./autogen.sh", and it should re-create that
> stuff.

For the record: The script ./autogen.sh is not included in the
distributed tarballs. Instead, autogen.sh only exists when you directly
download from CVS via anonymus CVS. Is it possible for you to do that?

If not, do you happen to have the program "aclocal" installed? If yes,
try running these, and if it is complaining about not finding some
macros, run it with options "aclocal -I macros -I m4" (which are
subdirectories in the gnucash package)... oops, I just discovered that
at least one file in macros/ is not included in the tarball
(openhbci.m4), so you probably have to check out CVS anyway.

Christian