Have any users tried to build 1.7.5 on a MacOSX 10.2 system?

Peter O'Gorman peter@pogma.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:18:21 +0900

Okay, signed up for yet another mailing list to answer this question.

./configure fails with this error:
<snip>
checking for ltdl.h... no
configure: error: Cannot find ltdl.h -- libtool-devel not installed?

Since you are using fink anyway, make sure that you have the libtool14
package installed.
Because of the fact that fink installs stuff in /sw you will have
problems building yourself, unless you have set up your CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS properly, I usually do this:
CPPFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp
CPATH=/sw/include
LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib
Make sure that /sw/bin is in your path and you have g-wrap-1.3.3 or
later installed.
Then ./configure has some chance of working.

I must admit that I haven't built gnucash for several weeks, but I hope
to make a fink package for 1.8.0 as soon as I return from my winter
vacation. I can say that it did work "out of the box" last time I built
it.

For anyone reading this who is not using fink and wants to build
gnucash on darwin, as well as the usual gnome deps you will need to
build libtool with --enable-ltdl and our dlcompat package installed
http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/dlcompat

Hope this helps,
Peter