Business Questions

Carl Parrish cparrish@pcl-enterprises.com
13 Dec 2002 16:45:55 -0700

Okay I'm not an accountant or even a regular users of *any* financial
software packages but I run four businesses and have spent the last 2
months looking for a package that would do eveything I need on Linux.
Tried mybooks but with 1.7.5 available I decided to try it. So far so
good, it looks like I'll be able to track my personal *and* business
expenses from one tool. I like that however I not really sure how to go
about some things. For instance since I'm trying to track four companies
should I set up seperate AP/AR for each company? Can I share Vendors
across Companies? Sometimes I have to Invoice a Client from two
different companies. Should I just create separe invoices? If you were
tracking business expenses would you create separte accounts for each
company? Is there a good reason why phone and cable aren't listed as
utilities? For company utilities would you list them as vendors or
simply set up new accounts for them? I know this is all new and not in
the docs yet. If there is anyway I can help with that I'm willing
(though I've never been known to keep the best docs of my code perhaps
I'd be better at reading someone elses <g>).
--
Carl Parrish <cparrish@pcl-enterprises.com>
PCL Enterprises