Business Questions

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
13 Dec 2002 22:26:42 -0600

--=-S+a7IihSu1odeapo1TOc

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 21:44, Chris Lyttle wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 17:41, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> > On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 12:47, Carl Parrish wrote:
> > > Thanks Conrand,=20
> > > That helps *alot*. New question my CPA uses QuickBooks. how hard is it
> > > to import / export data between the two apps?
> >=20
> > Quickbooks uses OFX for its import/export, I believe. In that case, its
> > partially supported, as you have noticed. Gnucash does not (at this
> > stage) support export in OFX, although I believe it is on the list of
> > things to do for the OFX library people. Not going to happen for 1.8,
> > *may* appear later in the 1.8 series.
> >=20
>=20
> You are mistaken here, Conrad. Quickbooks only supports import/export in
> Intuit Interchange format (.iif)
> From what I understand reading Intuit's support site, its a flat
> spreadsheet type text file, but GnuCash doesn't support imports from it.
>=20

The benefit of an XML is that it can be parsed by a large number of XML
parsers, and transformed into whatever other format is desired.  If some
enterprising soul wished, they could create an XML parser that could
output the file in IIF (if the specification were known), or whatever
other file format were needed...This could server as a stopgap measure
until integrated export facilities were created...

Question is, does anyone have the time for this?

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print $i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except=
 me.

--=-S+a7IihSu1odeapo1TOc

--=-S+a7IihSu1odeapo1TOc--