Problem w/ 1.7.5

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
19 Dec 2002 09:11:52 +1100

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 09:01, Neil B. Cohen wrote:
> I have been waiting for a version of gnucash with OFX support, so I
> thought I would try to build 1.7.5. When I run configure (on a RH7.3
> system), it complains that Guile does not exist, and it's version is not
> > 1.3.4
>
> Here is the end of the output from configure:
> checking whether guile works... no
> configure: warning: Can not find Guile on this system
> checking for guile... /usr/bin/guile
> checking for guile - 1.3.4 <= version < 1.5.0... no
> configure: warning: guile version check failed
> configure: error:
>   guile does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not in the
>   correct version range.  Right now gnucash requires at least version
>   1.3.4 to build, but does not work with 1.5 or greater.

The first thing to check is that you have guile-devel installed as well.
If you have that, have a look at the config.log file - near the bottom
of that file you'll see the actual compile that configure uses to do its
check, and the real error should be visible there.

Note that you will also need the -devel packages for a number of other
dependencies.

Conrad.