Getting gnucash 1.7.5 running

Christian Roerecke christian.roerecke@web.de
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:32:51 +0100

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2002 15:42 schrieb Hugh A.J. Kennedy:
> I Have an RH 8.0 system with GnuCash 1.6.8. It works fine but it lacks a
> lot for my purposes (I'm a business operating in Germany and the UK). QB =
is
> rubbish for this and so-called professional packages are beyond the reach
> of the one-man multinational. decided to have a go with the new GnuCash
> beta (1.7.5), with the idea that it probably won't do everything, but at
> least I could modify it. I first checked out the rpm but of course the rpm
> is kind of useless under RH8.0
>
> I downloaded and installed the latest g-wrap (1.3.2-2), building from
> source. This appeared to go in clean. I checked versions of other stuff
> (libguile, etc.)and it appears to be ok so I ran configure on GnuCash.
>
> After running a comparatively clean =93configure=94 =93make=94 and =93mak=
e install=94
> on gnucash 1.7.5, when I try running GnuCash, I get:
>
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic link:
> ERROR: file not found

The command 'strace gnucash' would have shown you which file gnucash is=20
missing. I had the same error and it was a library, which btw was in my=20
ld.so.config, named libgw-something. Adding the path of this library to=20
LD_LIBRARY_PATH manually did the trick, but I would be interested what is t=
he=20
reason behind not finding this library. I always thought every library in a=
=20
path from ld.so.config will be found.

All the best,
Christian