Running GnuCash 1.7.6

Chris Vine chris@cvine.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 11:17:49 +0000

On Thursday 26 December 2002 10:15 am, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 20:10, Chris Vine wrote:
> > In order to run GnuCash 1.7.6 I have compiled and installed g-wrap-1.3.4
> > and then GnuCash 1.7.6, in both cases with an install prefix of /usr (the
> > same as was used for GnuCash 1.6.8), and manual inspection shows that
> > everything appears to be in the right place.  GnuCash compiles without
> > error, but when trying to run it, it bombs out at the start with the
> > message:
> > ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> > ERROR: file not found
> >
> > Does anyone have any other
> > suggestions?
>
> Make absolutely sure you have removed all traces of your previous g-wrap
> and gnucash versions from /usr/* - particularly make sure that all
> libg-wrap* and libgw* files are removed, then reinstall.
> I was getting the same sort of error for a long time while trying to run
> with both 1.6.8 and CVS gnucash installed, and the problem only went
> away when I uninstalled all g-wraps, and rebuilt and installed them in
> very seperate directories. They have rather different names and
> structures, but nevertheless, there appears to be something that gets
> caught by gnucash from the earlier version that really shouldn't. I was
> never able to identify what.

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the reply.  I was using the Slackware packaging system, and ran
removepkg before installing the new versions.

However, just to make sure, I have just uninstalled all g-wrap and gnucash
packages, and verified that there are no stale g-wrap or gnucash library
files lying around in /usr/lib or /usr/lib/gnucash, and no stale scheme files
from g-wrap and gnucash lying around in /usr/share/guile or
/usr/share/gnucash, and then reinistalled.

I still get the same error.

It would help if the error message were a little more verbose about what file
guile can't find.  Is there any verbosity switch I can use?

Chris.