Running GnuCash 1.7.6

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
26 Dec 2002 23:10:40 +1100

On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 22:17, Chris Vine wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  I was using the Slackware packaging system, and ran
> removepkg before installing the new versions.
> However, just to make sure, I have just uninstalled all g-wrap and gnucash
> packages, and verified that there are no stale g-wrap or gnucash library
> files lying around in /usr/lib or /usr/lib/gnucash, and no stale scheme files
> from g-wrap and gnucash lying around in /usr/share/guile or
> /usr/share/gnucash, and then reinistalled.
> I still get the same error.

Hmmm... That's unfortunate. I'm not sure what else to suggest.

> It would help if the error message were a little more verbose about what file
> guile can't find.  Is there any verbosity switch I can use?

Sadly, that message wasn't made more useful until guile 1.6, I believe
(I haven't run 1.6, but I was told that it was going to be fixed in that
version). There is a simple (one or two line, from memory) patch for
guile to make it give a more detailed message, and in my case it didn't
help because it actually only gave the top level library and the fail
was actually on a dependency further down. May help in your situation,
but I wouldn't bet on it. You could try a google search for the text of
the error message and see if the patch shows up anywhere. Unfortunately,
I don't believe I have it around anymore.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. If you contine to be stuck, bug me some
more and I'll see if I can locate the patch for you.

Conrad.