Gnucash Installation Question

Jeremy Brown jtbrown@utk.edu
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:04:14 -0600

Chris,

I think I figured out today what the problem was...but I don't really
know what's causing it.

As you probably know, when you compile a piece of software for a
Slackware package, you typically run configure with the correct prefix
specified (usr, for example), then make, then "make install
prefix=$PKGDIR/usr") where $PKGDIR/usr is some arbitrary directory
probably located somewhere in /tmp.  Then you can "cd $PKGDIR" and
"makepkg" appropriately.  Well, g-wrap seems to work fine when I install
it manually, but when I build a g-wrap package like this I always get
that error I described earlier (about not being able to find g-wrapped).
 I'm not sure why this is, as it has worked for all of the packages I've
built in the past.  It almost sounds like something might be written
wrong in g-wrap's configure.in.

For now, I guess my solution will be to build packages using another
method...maybe checkinstall.

Thanks!

Jeremy