Gnucash Installation Question

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
26 Dec 2002 22:10:27 -0800

On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 19:04, Jeremy Brown wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I think I figured out today what the problem was...but I don't really
> know what's causing it.
>
> As you probably know, when you compile a piece of software for a
> Slackware package, you typically run configure with the correct prefix
> specified (usr, for example), then make, then "make install
> prefix=$PKGDIR/usr") where $PKGDIR/usr is some arbitrary directory
> probably located somewhere in /tmp.  Then you can "cd $PKGDIR" and
> "makepkg" appropriately.  Well, g-wrap seems to work fine when I install
> it manually, but when I build a g-wrap package like this I always get
> that error I described earlier (about not being able to find g-wrapped).
>  I'm not sure why this is, as it has worked for all of the packages I've
> built in the past.  It almost sounds like something might be written
> wrong in g-wrap's configure.in.
>
> For now, I guess my solution will be to build packages using another
> method...maybe checkinstall.

It sounds to me like you've run into a libtool bug that has existed for
quite some time on RH and debian with libtool 1.4.2 It basically works
fine for normal compile/installs, but breaks when used by packaging
systems. Check out the rpm spec file in the rpm directory for how we get
around it with rpm.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit