Startup questions

Neil B. Cohen nbc@aikisoft.com
24 Dec 2002 20:04:53 -0500

Hi,

I have been lurking on this mailing list a long time, and I finally
succeeded in getting v1.7.6 installed on my machine - managed to fight
my way through all the RH dependencies and everything. However, I did
install the RH7.3 RPM file and I have a couple of questions.

First and most important - my bank will only provide me with OFX files,
which is one reason I have not spent a lot of time with gnucash in the
past. Does the version I installed know how to import an OFX file? I
have libofx installed. But the File->import menu item only lists QIF
files -  what do I need to do to import an OFX file?

Second, if I succeed in importing the OFX file - will that let me assign
transactions to specific accounts? Once I've done it one time, will it
remember those transactions for future file imports?

Sorry if these are dumb questions - I've spent very little time with
financial programs up to now...

One last thing - it occurs to me that I am on this mailing list with my
work email address - I'd be obliged if you would reply to this address
as well as copying the list, since I won't be in the office the next few
days.

thanks in advance,

--
nbc

NAME:   Neil B. Cohen (Aiki Software)
PHONE:  703-444-4610
DOMAIN: nbc@aikisoft.com
* Murphy's Philosophy: Smile - tomorrow will be worse...    *
* O'Tooles Commentary: Murphy was an optimist!              *