Euro symbol in Gnucash doesn't appear (was: gnucash)

Poldi Winkler poldiwinkler@t-online.de
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:26:32 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2002 10:53 schrieb Christian Stimming:
> >>On my system (Suse 7.2 with upgrades, KDE 2.2.1) I still didn't
> >> get the Euro symbol to work within non-KDE applications (KMail
> >> would show three Euro symbola here: ¤¤¤). I.e., in Gnucash I
> >> still only have this weird character. I pretty much gave up on
> >> it (since fonts on Linux are a PITA) and will wait for the
> >> next new Suse version. Nevertheless the abovementioned thread
> >> suggests to set
> >>
> >>export LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-15
> >>
> >>which doesn't make the Euro symbol appear, but it replaces the
> >> symbol with the mnemonic EUR, which at least makes the program
> >> usable.
I can see and write the ¤ with SuSE7.3 and gnucash-1.6.5 with
following settings:
settngs - preferences - register - in register font and register
hint font fixed (misc) iso8859-15 medium(C).
Perhaps it is a help for you?!
Poldi