Instability in 1.6.5

Dave Williams jdave23@dca.net
14 Feb 2002 00:30:58 -0500

Thanks for the recommendation.  I removed the ximian version and
installed the package from sourceforge.  Unfortunately it made no
difference -- Gnucash crashes regularly and often, producing a fatal
error/segmentation fault in process 30xxx, and even when it doesn't
crash it can't reopen the file after restarting.  All I get is a message
saying "An error ocurred while processing home/___/filename".

If anyone wants some debugging information I'll be happy to send it, but
unless something obvious is going on I may have to go back to 1.4.  All
I can guess is that it doesn't seem specific to the package I selected,
but rather to my system (which isn't running anything mysterious or
strange, by the way).

Thanks,

Dave

 On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 11:41, Dave Williams wrote:
 > Hello -
 >
 > I was using 1.4 on my RH7.1 system with the Ximian desktop.  Their
 > updater offered 1.6.5, so I installed it.
 >
 > An initial problem was the guile library -- although the site says to
 > use a newer version (with libguile.so.9) Gnucash wouldn't start because
 > it was looking for libguile.so.6!

hi dave,,

  sounds like your forced install of old guile is confusing gnucash..the  dependency thing is unfortunate sorry your experiencing that..try the
 1.6.5 rpm from here see if this helps:

 http://download.sourceforge.net/gnucash/

 if not let me know that or someone else likely will reply...odd that
 RC's rpm isn't getting it...hmm darn thing

 cu
 lee