Split Transactions question

waxmop@gtcinternet.com waxmop@gtcinternet.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:24:03 -0500

Hi -

I'm not sure how to book a transaction.  My job reimbursed me for a class
I'm taking.  First, I paid for the class from my checking account:

	credit: asset checking account
	debit: expenses education account

Now I got the check from my job in order to reimburse me.  The
reimbursement was added into my regular biweekly paycheck.  My regular
salary is $100 per paycheck (these are made up numbers) and the
reimbursement is for $200, so I got a check for $300 this time.

Here's how I normally process my paychecks:

	debit: asset checking account
	credit: income salary account.

Now, looking at my monthly reports, this casts the illusion that I got a
raise, and that my expenses have gone way up because I initially paid for
the class and then was reimbursed.

I'd be super grateful for any pointers in how to process this.

PS: I was happy to discover this week that Red Hat's up2date service added
RPMs for gnucash 1.6. So now Red Hat users that were using gnucash version
1.4 can effortlessly upgrade using the up2date service.

Thanks in advance.