German Translation of Tool

Robert Sander gurubert-gnucash-user@gurubert.myip.org
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:05:47 +0100

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 05:51:01PM +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Thanks for the immediate reply. It seems that I have a problem:
>
> $ gnucash
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>
> Do you have an idea what could be wrong?
>
> > On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 04:50:40PM +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > > export LANG=de_DE@euro
> >
> > Try to set LANG=de_DE.ISO-8859-15 and LC_ALL=de_DE@euro, that does work for
> > me, the EUR-Symbol is also displayed, if you have a font installed...
> >
> > Greetings
> > --
> > Robert Sander                                          "Is it Friday yet?"
> >   @Home http://www.gurubert.de/

Your locale need to be supported. Edit /etc/locale.gen and run
/usr/sbin/locale-gen.

BTW: When entering German umlauts for descriptions they won't get
printed in the reports. Also the EURO symbol, although both get printed
in the accounts overview. Could be a guppi-problem? I am using the
Debian packages in unstable, currently 1.6.4, there is no 1.6.5 deb
available through the Debian mirrors.

Greetings