Re[2]: End of year processing?

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:53:44 -0800 (PST)

Personally, all I would really like to do is have a
way to enter in a zero-out transaction in selected
accounts or account types (e.g., Expenses), without
having to do it one-by-one.  If a transaction is
entered for the previous year, the zero-out
transaction should be automagically adjusted to
maintain a $0 starting ballance for the year.  The
"too" account for the balances should not be
considered in asset/liability/net worth calculations,
of course.  This gives me the advantage of having all
the information from previous year(s), and starting
off the new year with a zero balance.

Bank/Credit/Asset/Liability accounts, of course,
wouldn't have/need this type of adjustment.

Just my $.02, and hopefully I'm not over-simplifying.

=====
Matt Vanecek