Re[2]: End of year processing?

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:15:48 -0500

In a message dated: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 09:16:50 MST
Rusty Carruth said:

>	All reports take a date range, so this is perfectly workable.
>	The only one which doesn't is the main account view, which
>	always lists global totals, as well as the "Net Assets"
>	status line; however, this can be thought of as a feature ;-)
>
>However, I DO want to have the ability to get a report on activity
>in each 'account' (e.g. Expenses:Gifts) using a date range.  If I can
>do that (and I'll have to look to see if I can), then I may go with
>the 'do nothing' option as well (which is to just keep everything in
>one big file and use date ranges wherever needed).  (I'm at work and
>the guncash is at home, and ne'er the twain shall meet ;-)

This is exactly why I wanted separate 'books' for each year.

>Unless someone else has a better idea...

FWIW, I vaguely remember someone mentioning that a future release
would have the notion of "accounting periods".
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon