Problem with generating reports

Michael T. Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Sat, 05 Jan 2002 17:09:27 -0500

I confess I have no idea how to do this in Scheme or whether the API even
supports it, but would it be possible for the "No transactions" message to
include a button.  Imagine:

No transactions were found that match the given time interval and
account selection.

|Click here to change your report criteria|

I realize that "Click Here" is considered really bad form on web pages, but
if we're going for usability for the average user it might be appropriate.
Another possibility would be to simply change the text:

No transactions were found that match the given time interval and
account selection.  To change the report criteria click the options button.

This would be less work, but it would require the user to go hunting for a
button, rather than just being able to click on one.

--On Saturday, January 05, 2002 12:25:07 PM -0600 Linas Vepstas