Alternate book closing with reconcile and retention of memorized transactions.

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:17:51 -0500

In a message dated: 08 Jan 2002 09:06:19 CST
"Timothy J. Miller" said:

>Cumbersome, yes.  But it should ease reconciliation (since it puts off
>actually closing a set of books until all the transactions in that time
>period are reconciled), and it should retain memorized transactions in
>the new set.  And it should work, at least until actual closing is
>supported natively.
>
>Comments?

Other than saving the memorized transactions, I don't see that this
is any less of an effort than closing the books, exporting the account
list to another file, and starting over.  You still need to carry
forward your closing balances, and you still need to reconcile
everything.

Sounds like it will work.  I might even give it a try, just to see :)

--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon