Alternate book closing with reconcile and retention of memorized transactions.

Timothy J. Miller cerebus@sackheads.org
08 Jan 2002 09:24:46 -0600

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 09:17, Paul Lussier wrote:

> Other than saving the memorized transactions, I don't see that this
> is any less of an effort than closing the books, exporting the account
> list to another file, and starting over.  You still need to carry
> forward your closing balances, and you still need to reconcile
> everything.

Yes, but this way you're not reconciling half your transactions in one
file, and the rest in the current file, and changing the opening
balances (potentially) multiple times-- which I've had to do when
opening new books the "normal" way.  This method should make things a
little easier.  I think.

Given this morning's little tidbit that memorized transactions are built
on the fly from entered data, this won't carry *all* memorized
transactions forward to the new file, but it will carry *some* of them
along (i.e., anything entered since the beginning of the new accounting
period).

-- Cerebus