How to get online quotes

Klaus Dahlke Klaus Dahlke <klaus.dahlke@gmx.de>
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:20:55 +0000

--=-RDRCpr/Ec88LmXf/wggm

Hi all,
meanwhile I got it to work. It seems that there are some problem when altering or renaming a commodity. During my trials I always kept changing the definition of the commodity, e.g. changing ABBREVIATION from BASF.DE to 515100.DE. System reported then, that no quotes could be derived for 515100.DE. I then deleted all entries in the gnccommodity and gnccommoditytrail table (I use postgres) and defined the commodities new from scratch. And then, it works! It seems, that after changing a commodity gnucash sends some 'garbage' along with the ABBREVIATION and no quote can be found.

Cheers,
Klaus

> Hi all,
>
> soory to bother you with this simple questions: how to setup the online quotes?
>
> I try to get quotes online from Yahoo Europe for german stocks, e.g. BASF.
>
> First I run the installation via CPAN for finance:quote. I setup my stock account for BASF as:
>
> Account Name: BASF
> Currency: EUR
> Security: BASF (BASF)
>
> get online quotes from Yahoo Europe, local time
>
> The security is set in the commodity editor to
> Fullanme: BASF
> Abbreviation BASF
> Type: EUREX
> CUSIP or other code: 515100.FE
>

> Actually, I varied either Abbreviation or CUSIP to
> 515100, 515100.DE, 515100.FX, BASF, BASF.DE, BASF.FX, BAS.DE, BAS.FX
>
> nothing worked out, the error is: Unable to retrieve quotes for this item: EUREX:BASF (which is the abbreviation, but as said above, it didn't work with othersettings.
>
> Thanks for the help,
> Klaus

--=-RDRCpr/Ec88LmXf/wggm--