Changing reconciled records

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:10:11 -0600

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 02:48:04PM -0600, Dale Alspach was heard to remark:
> I believe that the accountants way to handle this would be through a
> journal or general ledger entry. I am not aware of such a thing in gnucash.

I'm curious to understand what you mean when you say this.  The way that
I think about gnucash is that it has *only* a general ledger, and
nothing else.  Clearly, we are thinking of different things ...

> [...] hich reference 2001.
> Then you would need to correct the totals. The problem is that there
> is no entry date (that I know of) in the real file (just in the log).

FYI,
gnucash does keep a 'date entered/last-modified' timestamp for every
transaction.  Problem is that it is not used in any of the reports, and
there is no way to view it in the register ...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>