Entering Stock Information

Paul Lussier pll@mclinux.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:04:21 -0500

In a message dated: 23 Jan 2002 22:27:43 PST
Dave Peticolas said:

>Have you entered a security for the stock account?
>Use the Edit Account dialog to do so.

Hmmm, this brings up an interesting question.  What if there is no
stock symbol.  For example, what if the stock is that of a private
company, say a startup, and as part of your incentive, you're given
an equity stake in the company, or even options to buy (which you
purchase as you become vested)?

These types of stock aren't traded anywhere, and therefore, have no
symbol to enter.  How would you track that?
--

Seeya,
Paul

			  God Bless America!

	...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around,
		and we never stop trying to be better.
		       Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon