Account Grouping

Greg Woods greg@gregandeva.net
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:42:31 -0700

Michael T. Garrison Stuber wrote:

> I travel for business for the company I work for.  As such I have travel
> related expenses and travel related income (reimbursement).

I deal with this by using a single account. I've got a parent Employer
account, and under it I've got Salary (normal income), and Travel (in
which I record both reimbursable travel expenses and actual
reimbursements). This makes it easy to determine how I'm doing. For
instance, on my last trip to San Diego, I actually made 84 bucks
(because I didn't spend all of my per diem). Works for me.

--Greg