Some issues with gnucash

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:55:46 +1100

[Please CC any replies, as I'm subscribed no-post]

Firstly, I'd like to say that GnuCash is an *excellent* program. It actually
makes tracking account kinda fun. And really easy. I've had some experience
with MYOB and GnuCash beats it for personal stuff. Keep up the good work!

I'm using version 1.6.4 from debian. Please let me know if any of these
issues are fixed in a later release.

- I have an account with a security set, but I don't want it to. But I can't
seem to remove it. So for the moment I've set the security == currency.
- In the documentation, the portfolio report shows profit/loss, yet it
doesn't when I make one. I think this is a new feature.
- The documentation mentions account codes and how they are automatically
suggested. Yet Gnucash has never suggested one for me. It didn't put any
codes in for the initial chart of accounts. Did I miss something?
- Is it possible in the chart of accounts to have Income/Expense accounts
only show the totals since the beginning of the last financial year?
- When I create an invoice, how can I choose which items appear? Maybe only
non-cleared ones or something?
- All the reports and chart of accounts and stuff appear as tabs in the main
window, yet I can't seem to reorder them in any way?
- On one of my securities, when I fetch latest quotes from the web, the
value comes out as '0 + 6 / 125'. Now, that is the right value, but it's
kind of hard to work it out. All the calculations work out fine, it just
confusing. The finance-quote-helper is returning a real decimal value.

None of these are critical issues but it would be nice if someone could shed
some light on any of them.

Thanks,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>