Some issues with gnucash

Dave Peticolas dave@krondo.com
30 Jan 2002 15:42:10 -0800

--=-Cme02k2YIZW4NawVdOSz

On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 05:55, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> [Please CC any replies, as I'm subscribed no-post]
>=20
> Firstly, I'd like to say that GnuCash is an *excellent* program. It actua=
lly
> makes tracking account kinda fun. And really easy. I've had some experien=
ce
> with MYOB and GnuCash beats it for personal stuff. Keep up the good work!
>=20
> I'm using version 1.6.4 from debian. Please let me know if any of these
> issues are fixed in a later release.
>=20
> - I have an account with a security set, but I don't want it to. But I ca=
n't
> seem to remove it. So for the moment I've set the security =3D=3D currenc=
y.

Not fixed. You can manually delete the security sections from
the xml file, though.

> - In the documentation, the portfolio report shows profit/loss, yet it
> doesn't when I make one. I think this is a new feature.

Actually an old feature that never really worked correctly.
It was removed.

> - The documentation mentions account codes and how they are automatically
> suggested. Yet Gnucash has never suggested one for me. It didn't put any
> codes in for the initial chart of accounts. Did I miss something?

No, the documentation is wrong. They are not filled in automatically.

> - Is it possible in the chart of accounts to have Income/Expense accounts
> only show the totals since the beginning of the last financial year?

Nope :)

> - When I create an invoice, how can I choose which items appear? Maybe on=
ly
> non-cleared ones or something?

You can't. The invoice report is basically a hack. Currently, someone
is working on a fairly complete set of small-business features in the
development version (unstable).

> - All the reports and chart of accounts and stuff appear as tabs in the m=
ain
> window, yet I can't seem to reorder them in any way?

I'm not sure if you can reorder them. This is all handled by Gnome's MDI
infrastructure.

> - On one of my securities, when I fetch latest quotes from the web, the
> value comes out as '0 + 6 / 125'. Now, that is the right value, but it's
> kind of hard to work it out. All the calculations work out fine, it just
> confusing. The finance-quote-helper is returning a real decimal value.

What fraction do you have set for the security?

dave

--=-Cme02k2YIZW4NawVdOSz

--=-Cme02k2YIZW4NawVdOSz--