Some issues with gnucash

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:44:27 +1100

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:42:10PM -0800, Dave Peticolas wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-01-30 at 05:55, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > [Please CC any replies, as I'm subscribed no-post]
> >
> > - In the documentation, the portfolio report shows profit/loss, yet it
> > doesn't when I make one. I think this is a new feature.
>
> Actually an old feature that never really worked correctly.
> It was removed.

Really? Unfortunate. It would be useful...

> > - On one of my securities, when I fetch latest quotes from the web, the
> > value comes out as '0 + 6 / 125'. Now, that is the right value, but it's
> > kind of hard to work it out. All the calculations work out fine, it just
> > confusing. The finance-quote-helper is returning a real decimal value.
>
> What fraction do you have set for the security?

Well, I've set it to 10000. Not exactly sure why. I used to have some issues
with the prices being rounded to whole dollars and I think this fixed it. Of
course it's silly because you can only buy whole units.

IIRC, I would type in 10,000 shares at 0.065 and it converted it to 650
shares at $1 each, which is just crazy.

Does it matter? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
--