turning off adjusting balance

Joe joeja@mindspring.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:14:23 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
    I am usingn GNUCash on RH 7.2.  I have been using gnucash
for a while now and it was not until I installed Rh 7.2 that
gnucash started asking me for an "adjusting balance".
     I started using this program to keep track of my checking
account.  It used to do this with no problem.  Now when I enter
in a transaction it wants me to add an adjusting balance.  Well
why should I have to add an adjusting balance when I am adding
in my paycheck?
    Is this some kind of compile time switch that RedHat added
in 7.2 or is this the new default behavior?
    This happens when I add interest, do a withdrawel, write a
check, etc, and it is really annoying.  Why do I need to
suddenly start adding an 'adjusting split' or 'imbalance' in the
Transfer column?
     How do I stop or turn this off and make it like it used to
be?

Thanks,
Joe (not on this list)