errors in Gnucash 1.64.

Robert M Shepard bob@rmshep.mt.net
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 16:02:02 -0700 (MST)

I tried to use the bug reporting tool in Gnucash 1.64, but it kept
crashing saying it couldn't load the URL when I hit the submit button.

I have a significant problem with the financial accuracy of Gnucash.

I created several brokerage accounts, put the total value of all assets in
those accounts and balanced this with the equity account.  I did this to
get a quick snapshot of my networth.

Then I learned how to edit the commodities and created commodities for
each of the stock/mutual funds.  I then created subaccounts for the
brokerage for each stock.

But when I try to transfer the money from the top brokerage account to one
of it sub accounts, it doesn't work correctly.

The top brokerage account is credited (decrease) correctly, but the
subaccount is not debited (increased) and remains at zero. This leaves me
out of balance.  The total assets are now decrease by the amount of the
transfer, but the equity account has its orginal value, thus I am OOB by
the amount of the transfer.

I tried to upgrade to 1.6.5, to see if this is fixed, but that is
currently impossible.

bob shepard