gnucahs-1.6.5 compile problems

Mehul N. Sanghvi mehul@kirsun.ne.mediaone.net
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 12:33:20 -0500

'allo,

    I have downloaded GnuCash 1.6.5 source code and am trying to
    compile it but am running into some problems.

    The first problem I ran into was that it was not finding the
    PostgreSQL include files, despite being able to find pg_config in
    my PATH.  It turns out that the test where using CPPFLAGS to check
    for the include files and teh only option in that was -E.  So I
    fixed it by changing the configure.in appropriatly.

    My new problem is that configure dies near the end because there
    is no src/optional/swig/Makefile.in and looking at the source
    tree, the src/optional/swig directory is completely empty.

    Browsing the source code from the web, I can see that there are
    files in there.  Any reason why the tar file does not have them ?

    How important is the SWIG stuff and how do I fix/work around it ?

thanks,

   mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi                  email: mehul@kirsun.ne.mediaone.net