** ERROR **: file gnucash-style.c: line 783

Jörg Pommnitz gnucash@joerg-pommnitz.de
Fri, 05 Jul 2002 18:33:30 +0200

Alan Murrell wrote:

>>sounds like something in your Gnome environment
>>isn't configured.
>>

>Hehe, good call, in a way; I'm running Gnome.
>However, I have also tried going into fvwm2 (just
>fvwm2 itself; not under Gnomeor anything), and the
>same problem.
>
>Maybe my XF86-Config-4 file?  Here's what I have for
>my font locations:
>
>--- /etc/X11/XFree86-Config-4 ---
>#FontPath     "unix/:-1"
>FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/75dpi"
>FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/75dpi"
>--- /etc/X11/XFree86-Config-4 ---
>
>The first one is commented out because it was the
>default (and only) FontPath listing, but starting up X
>would fail, saying "could not find default font path".
> Hmmm, this could definately be related...

The first one refers to the X font server xfs.

With your configuration you are limited to ugly looking bitmap fonts.
You really should configure xfs and reenable it. XFree86 4.0 has full
support for TrueType fonts.

Regards
  Jörg