Duplicates in a QIF import are pain-inducing

Michael + Jennifer Garrison Stuber garrisonstuber@bellsouth.net
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 01:30:06 -0400

> Another thought: Can I just delete the transactions in the QIF file
> which lie outside the date interval I'm interested in?

As a general rule, yes.  QIF entries are independent transactions.  Other than
the account type at the top of the file (for example !Type:Bank), each
transaction is independent.  I wouldn't recommend this for multi-account QIF
files (for example, an export of all your Quicken data), but it should be just
peachy for downloads from a bank, credit card company, etc.