No German Special Characters within the Register

Klaus Dahlke klaus.dahlke@gmx.de
22 Jul 2002 21:53:53 +0200

On Sun, 2002-07-21 at 23:28, Christian Stimming wrote:
>=20
> On Samstag, 20. Juli 2002 11:28, Klaus Dahlke wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a problem with the fonts in gnucash. I think just I upgraded to
> > Gnome2.
>=20
> In your message you just described some problems that occur with non-asci=
i=20
> characters inside gnucash. Unfortunately those problems won't be sorted o=
ut=20
> before we do the whole transition to Gnome2. Even more unfortunate, that =
task=20
> won't be completed this year. See also=20
> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2002-June/006277.html
>=20
> So, yes, the problem is known, but there is no easy fix available, and=20
> currently there's nobody working on the real fix. Until there are enough=
=20
> developers for porting to Gnome2, you have to get along with the '=FC'=3D=
'ue'=20
> workaround.
>=20
> Christian

Christian,

thanks for the info. I can leave with that, whereas I have the feeling,
that the problem has to do with gtk. Even in a new gnumeric spreadsheet
I got weird characters in the cell when I type an '=FC', but it is shown
correctly in the entry field on top of the cells.

Best regards,
Klaus