gnucash on slackware 8.x

adam i. howard donutz@yahoo.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:03:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to install gnucash on Slackware 8.x
(somewhere between 8.0 and -current since i've
upgraded several packages)...and I'm just not having
any luck.

I tried the gnucash slack package from
www.linuxpackages.com, but it just segfaults on me. I
tried downloading 1.6.6 and compiling that, but
./configure gives me an error:

checking for glade_init in -lglade... no
configure: error: Cannot find libglade. See the README
and config.log for more info.

I do have the libglade package installed from
slackware-current, so I dont know why ./configure
isn't seeing it.

The part really gets me is that I used to have it
installed and running on my computer, on (mostly)
slackware 8.0, and I put a lot of data into it. I have
the data backed up, but no way to access it till I can
figure out how to get the darn thing to work again.
(d'oh!)

Any pointers on getting it installed and running would
be most helpful. I can provide a list of which package
versions I've got installed for all the dependencies.

Thanks,

ADam