gnucash on slackware 8.x

Chris Kassopulo ckasso@sprynet.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 02:12:55 -0400

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:03:24 -0700 (PDT)
"adam i. howard" <donutz@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install gnucash on Slackware 8.x
> (somewhere between 8.0 and -current since i've
> upgraded several packages)...and I'm just not having
> any luck.
>
> I tried the gnucash slack package from
> www.linuxpackages.com, but it just segfaults on me. I
> tried downloading 1.6.6 and compiling that, but
> ./configure gives me an error:
>
> checking for glade_init in -lglade... no
> configure: error: Cannot find libglade. See the README
> and config.log for more info.
>
> I do have the libglade package installed from
> slackware-current, so I dont know why ./configure
> isn't seeing it.
>
> The part really gets me is that I used to have it
> installed and running on my computer, on (mostly)
> slackware 8.0, and I put a lot of data into it. I have
> the data backed up, but no way to access it till I can
> figure out how to get the darn thing to work again.
> (d'oh!)
>
> Any pointers on getting it installed and running would
> be most helpful. I can provide a list of which package
> versions I've got installed for all the dependencies.

Greetings,

Where is it ?

$ locate libgladeConf.sh

If libgladeConf.sh is in /usr/lib and there isn't one in
/opt/gnome/lib try creating a link

$ ln -s /usr/lib/libgladeConf.sh /opt/gnome/lib/libgladeConf.sh

Some stuff is being moved around in slack 8.1

There will probably be more like that.  I had to upgrade quite
a few packages to get gnucash to compile.  Should have made notes.

--
Chris Kassopulo _/\_ Linux User #199893 _/\_ Slackware