Cleaning up backups

dann dann@thelinuxlink.net
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 02:00:58 -0400

Perhaps this is convered somewhere in the documentation, but I cannot find
it.  Everytime I save and close gnucash a new file is created in my
account directory listing the account name with the date and time appended
to it.  There are two files, a .log and .xac.  As time goes on, these
files have been getting larger and taking up a lot of space.

Is there a way to set gnucash to delete some of these older files?  Are
they necessary?  I have found that deleting older files does not seem to
affect the data in my account.

Right now, this directory is using 21 megs of space and holding 5 seperate
date/time's I have used gnucash.

Thanks

--
Daniel S. Washko