Cleaning up backups

Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.- msterret@coat.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:05:21 -0400 (EDT)

I have this in my crontab at home:

50 14 * * 0 find ~/gnucash/ \( -name "*.xac" -o -name "*.log" \) -mtime +30 -exec rm -vf \{\} \;

I like to keep the last 30 days on-line in case something odd happens
in gnucash.  I use rm -v to see the output of the cronjob so if anything
odd happens, I can restore everything from the nightly backups.

HTH,

Michael Sterrett
  -Mr. Bones.-
michael.sterrett@coat.com