guppitank problems during build

Louis Mandelstam louism@infosat.net
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:29:50 +0200 (SAST)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Christian Stimming wrote:

> Huh, the guppitank library isn't included in the Guppi package? That is
> weird -- I would have expected the Guppi package to have a file like
> /usr/lib/libguppitank.so.16 just right next to
>

> > /usr/lib/libguppi.so.16
> > /usr/lib/libguppi.so.16.0.0
>
> Could it be possible that the RedHat RawHide distro has another package
> named Guppitank-0.40.xxx ? Because in other distros (e.g. SuSE) the
> abovementioned file libguppitank.so.16 is part of the Guppi-something
> package.

I suspect a packaging bug in RawHide's Guppi - libguppitank being left
out.  I've busy looking into how I can fix this, then I'll log the issue
in Red Hat's bugzilla if it works.

RawHide is the RH development 'distro' so bugs should be expected.

Louis Mandelstam                     Technical Manager, InfoSat (Pty) Ltd