guppitank problems during build

Louis Mandelstam louism@infosat.net
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:07:55 +0200 (SAST)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Louis Mandelstam wrote:

> > Could it be possible that the RedHat RawHide distro has another package
> > named Guppitank-0.40.xxx ? Because in other distros (e.g. SuSE) the
> > abovementioned file libguppitank.so.16 is part of the Guppi-something
> > package.
>
> I suspect a packaging bug in RawHide's Guppi - libguppitank being left
> out.  I've busy looking into how I can fix this, then I'll log the issue
> in Red Hat's bugzilla if it works.
>
> RawHide is the RH development 'distro' so bugs should be expected.

RH Guppi package maintainer asked me what locale I have set.  Strange
question, I thought, but I was using en_ZA and switching to en_US seems to
fix the problem - the Guppi RPMS get the correct files included.

I don't see the connection, but this works around the problem.

Louis Mandelstam                     Technical Manager, InfoSat (Pty) Ltd