problem with incrementing check number using '+' key

David Hampton hampton@employees.org
11 May 2002 11:16:26 -0700

--=-9YE0orlVsJNoZ6LWVtVD

On Sat, 2002-05-11 at 03:08, Tom Perkins <tildettperk@fastmail.fm>
wrote:
>=20
> I am having trouble with the check number increment feature using the
> '+' key.  Whenever I startup gnucash and attempt to make an entry for a
> new check using the '+' key to increment the check number, the next
> number in the queue is not the last check number + 1.  It is always some
> number in the middle. And it is consistently the same number.
>=20
> Has anyone seen this problem before?

I've fixed this in the latest (CVS) version of gnucash.  The problem was
an inverted test where gnucash would only save the check number if it
wasn't (instead of was) entered as a new transaction.  If I remember
right, this only happens for the first check after you start gnucash.
Subsequent checks entered in that account should work just fine with the
'+' key.

I'll get this fix applied to the 1.6 sources for the next release.

David

--=-9YE0orlVsJNoZ6LWVtVD

--=-9YE0orlVsJNoZ6LWVtVD--