problem with incrementing check number using '+' key

Roland Roberts roland@astrofoto.org
13 May 2002 09:30:03 -0400

    David> I've fixed this in the latest (CVS) version of gnucash.
    David> The problem was an inverted test where gnucash would only
    David> save the check number if it wasn't (instead of was) entered
    David> as a new transaction.  If I remember right, this only
    David> happens for the first check after you start gnucash.
    David> Subsequent checks entered in that account should work just
    David> fine with the '+' key.

I thought gnucash was screwing it up because it was looking at the
most recent check number based on date.  Occasionally we enter them
out of date order, i.e., we postdate a check.  After that happens, it
seems like gnucash doesn't get it right.  If I enter several in a row,
only the first one is screwed up (as you describe).

roland
--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland@rlenter.com                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B