Backing Up Data

tom tompurl2000@yahoo.com
21 May 2002 21:38:58 -0500

This is probably the mother of all newbie quesitons, but I just switched
from Quicken 2002 on Win4Lin to GnuCash 1.6.6 and I don't know how to
back up my data.  I've had a few problems with this computer before
where backing up my financial data was *very* handy, and I want to be
able to do the same with my GnuCash data.

I looked in the online manual and I didn't see anything about backing up
data.  The name of my main file is "postwin".  Do I only have to back
that file up or do I have to worry about any of the other files (like
the *.xac" files)?  Also, is there a way to "break up" my backup data so
I can store it on multiple floppy discs (like I can in Quicken)?

Thanks for any help!

Tom