Bug: Reports not using the same periods?

lmb lars@marowsky-bree.de
Sun, 26 May 2002 14:58:47 +0200

Good morning,

it appears that some reports don't use the same periods of time as the others,
even if configured the same.

For example, I have all my reports set to go from 2001-11-01 to "End of
current month".

The "Income / Expense Chart" shows a positive net profit for all months.  The
"Net Worth Chart" however shows a slight decrease for the last month. This
does not compute ;-)

It appears to be related to the following: the Net Worth Chart has 8 bars,
enumerated 2001-11-01 ... 2002-05-01 in monthly increments _and_ 2002-05-31,
while the Income/Expense has 7 bars from 2001-11-01 through 2002-05-01; they
appear to be calculated slightly differently.

This is mightly strange, as both appear to be generated by the same scheme
code, actually; however I don't quite grasp the reason for:

         (dates-list ((if inc-exp? gnc:make-date-interval-list
                          gnc:make-date-list)
                      ((if inc-exp? gnc:timepair-start-day-time
                           gnc:timepair-end-day-time) from-date-tp)
                      (gnc:timepair-end-day-time to-date-tp)
                      (eval interval)))

in the associated report source; it isn't commented either ;-)

Any hints?

Sincerely,
	Lars
--
"I'm extraordinarily patient provided I get my own way in the end."
        -- Margeret Thatcher